What we think: The most versatile foil setup available. With lots of new modular items coming out soon, Slingshot is on top of the hydrofoiling revolution. The Flight School is the best way to learn hands down. Check out www.foil-academy.com/ for FREE. The Hover Glide is super sturdy with a bit of weight. This weight does not have a negative impact on performance. We find the momentum can actually be helpful at times. You will soon be able to switch out Surf, SUP and Windsurfing wings with this setup. This is a great all around wing. We have been using it for kiting, surfing, tow-ins, and wakesurfing. The wing is identical to the wing offered in Slingshot’s Wake Foil. The ideal mast sizes for wake surfing are the 15″ and 24″ (which come in the Flight School). For surfing the 24″ or 30″ seem to be the way to go. You can easily mount this setup to any existing board with the Foil Mount for hydrosurfing, wakefoiling or kitefoilng.
Included 35.5″ Slingshot Aluminum Mast, Full wing set, Hardware/Mounting Kit. Add a 2017 Dwarfcraft or 2017 Alien Air, 2017 Converter, 2017 Slingshot Straps (set of 3), 2017 Slingshot Foot Hooks and/or Flight School (additional 3 masts of varying sizes) if desired.
The Hover Glide is an excellent choice for any foilboarder or prospective rider. The tough aluminum mast is durable and interchangeable. CNC wing sets on the Hover Glide have been engineered to give you maximum speed and lift while retaining their durability. We have found that this board planes faster than others in the aluminum/cnc category. The black and green stock colors really pop in and out of the water. All around this is an awesome investment whether you are just learning or you need a backup foil for shallow, potentially damaging conditions.
From the Brand Slingshot
Durable, affordable freeride foil: The 2016 Hover Glide is an all-around freeride foil with a versatile performance profile and aluminum and composite construction, making this the most well-rounded and robust foil on the market.
The Hover Glide is also the exclusive foil for Slingshots progressive multi-mast Foiling Flight School program. Masts of varying lengths can be purchased individually or as a package and paired with the Hover Glide for user-friendly foil progression.
With the Hover Glide, you get:
- Access to the highly-effective Foiling Flight School program
· A user-friendly foil you can learn on but won’t outgrow
· An agile and playful foil that planes early and has a medium top-end speed
· Durable aluminum, composite construction
· Segmented design for easy set-up and breakdown
· The ability to foil in shallower water with four different mast lengths to choose from
· Affordable replacement parts if needed
Mast+ fuselage height: 93cm (36.6″)
Combined total weight: 5.2kg (11.46 lbs.)
Introducing FOILING FLIGHT SCHOOL-
(Masts pair exclusively with Slingshot’s Hover Glide foil)
This industry-first program suddenly makes learning to foil as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Foiling Flight School is a simple do-it-yourself learning tool consisting of three separate masts of incremental lengths- 15” (38cm), 24” (61cm) and 30” (76cm). Choose individual sizes or as a package. Foiling Flight School is designed to work exclusively with our complete Hover Glide foil, which comes stock with a 35.5” (90cm) mast.
• Learn to properly handle your foil board on and off the water.
• TAXI your board and a lock in on the feeling the first day.
• Insure safety and confidence each step of the way.
• Learn TOUCH AND GOES with ease and control.
• Put it all together in SOLO mode and start experiencing flight.
• No Fear, No Stress.
• Learn at your own pace.
• Added Value: Optimize your foil mast length based on local conditions.