Great Trainer Kite for those looking to learn how to kiteboard (aka kitesurf).
Getting the right start is the most important aspect of learning to kiteboard, and for almost everyone this means starting with a trainer kite.
Slingshot’s B2 is the original trainer kite that started it all. With the B2 you will discover the gold standard in learning kite flying skills in a safe, efficient and affordable manner. If you are serious about learning to kiteboard, investing in a Slingshot trainer kite is a small price to pay for an invaluable, timeless and fun piece of equipment. You can fly your B2 anywhere with wind and open space. It works great on land, grass, at the beach or even on snow. No water needed.
With the B2 trainer kite, you will:
• Learn basic kite skills safely and at your own pace
• Save time and money by learning the basics before paying for a lesson
• Develop the coordination and muscle memory crucial to kiteboarding
• Develop an understanding of the wind and what a kite will do in it
• Learn what to do and what not to do with a kite
• Be able to share the fun of kite flying with others, for years to come
• Learn kiteboarding concepts, terminology and jargon
The B2 comes complete with trainer kite, bridles, spectra flying line, comfortable EVA grip control bar with built in line winders and carrying bag. Check the video below for access to your first complete how-to video, key kiteboarding concepts and terminology that you’ll want to know during the learning process.
We get a lot of question on whether to choose the B2 vs B3: The two meter B2 is smaller than the three-meter B3. The power difference between the two is pretty dramatic despite only being a meter difference. The B2 is a great starting point over the B3! The B2 will deliver great enjoyment for everyone making it a perfect learning kite. It’s a great beginner kite to share with all your friends and the whole family, in all conditions. If you are interested in a 3 meter or bigger trainer kite, we suggest going with the Ram-Air HQ4 Hydra!